We want people with communication needs to have the same access to opportunities as everyone else. We want them to feel included and in control of every part of their lives.
Every member of our team is passionate about fair access to justice. Our values run through everything do, from how we behave as an organisation and individuals to how we recruit and train people.
- Respect ‘be kind’ – We behave with kindness, and respect people’s feelings, wishes or rights
- Courage ‘go boldly’ – We speak out for others, and help marginalised people to find their voice
- Innovation ‘break barriers’ – We do things differently and trust our skills, knowledge and experience
- Collaboration ‘stronger together’ – We work as one team to make a difference in people’s lives
- Diversity – ‘everyone equal’– We foster a culture of equity and mutual respect
Meet some of our team and find out what motivates them
A playground scuffle at the age of five gave Maija her first taste of the injustice of failed communication. She shares the career pathway that led her to her ‘dream job’ as an intermediary
Tracy tells us about the different pathways she took to become an intermediary. She talks about how one day changed the course of her life and inspired her career choice
Andrew tells us what inspired him to move across from working as a speech and language therapist at an acute brain injuries unit to become an intermediary.
We have launched a new podcast series called Accessing Justice. In this series, we talk to some great guests about the barriers to fair access to justice for people with communication difficulties.
We spoke to our team leaders to find out some of the frequently asked questions about the intermediary role, and working for Communicourt